Proposed Changes to Workers’ Compensation Medical Payment Rules is Released
October 13, 2022
Nashville, TN — The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development Bureau of Workers’ Compensation recently filed a rulemaking notice setting forth proposed changes to its medical payment rules. There will be a rulemaking hearing on November 8 at 1:00 PM CT in Nashville to receive both oral and written comments from the public.
The proposed rules address:
- The creation of new rate tables setting maximum payments for treating injured Tennessee workers.
- New anesthesia terminology.
- Additional reimbursement for certain specialties.
- The replacement of some confusing CPT codes with Tennessee-specific Z codes.
- Reduction in pay for some lab procedures.
To review TMA’s executive summary of the proposed changes, click here for the pdf. TMA members with questions or concerns about the proposed rules, or with comments they would like for TMA to submit, should contact the TMA legal department at email@example.com before November 4.